Assignment 23: Can a Wrapped Object be Art?



While coming up with this idea and creating this image, I learned a lot. Coming up with the idea was difficult at first, but it was easier once I researched Christo and Jeanne-Claude. During my research I noticed that a lot of their images were about focusing on the shapes of the items wrapped and nothing else. I considered this when coming up with my idea, and decided that wrapping interestingly shaped bottles to focus on their shape would be interesting. While wrapping the objects I learned that wrapping weird shaped in newspaper is harder than it sounds. I took me about an hour to wrap all four bottles, and it took a lot of tape. During the process of taking the photo, I also learned that it takes a lot of time and creativity to be able to produce a good image. Considering this, I learned that Christo and Jeanne-Claude were extremely innovative people who were dedicated to producing the best work possible. I think that their work was called landscapes becuase of how wrapped objects can look like a landscaped if photographed properly.

Comments

  1. I like the thinking that went into this piece. You seem to have captured a nice feel for the composition and structure. My only concern would be the lighting you have selected in taking this image. You've gone to a lot of trouble and time and the final image seems to be under exposed without much of a light source. Was there a reason for this? Do you have other images you've taken with more of a light source? Is there anything you could try in Lightroom (perhaps the gradient tool and bring in the light on the right)?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment