Assignment #18 Will the real Aaron Siskind please stand up?

Manual F/4.5 ISO:1600 Shutter Speed:1/100 18-55mm lens 
Manual F/4.5 ISO:1600 Shutter Speed: 1/400 18-55mm lens

When I first looked at Siskind's work, I immediately noticed that most of his pictures were black and white. I decided that I wanted to make my pictures black and white becuase that seemed to be one of the most prominent features in his work. Another thing I noticed that I really liked was the great texture in his photographs. When I thought about texture, bricks popped into my mind almost immediately. That is why I decided to take a picture of these bricks with a really interesting texture. Lastly, I noticed that all of his pictures are very focused so I tried to get very focused pictures.  

Comments

  1. I'd love to see these images with more contrast...did you try putting them into Lightroom do see if you could possibly alter in an effective way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried a couple different things in Lightroom, but they were either too dark/light or not exactly what I wanted.

      Delete

Post a Comment